From our distillation of Greek Blue chamomile (Matricaria recutita) essential oil Therapeutic properties associated with blue chamomile hydrolatL Anti-spasmodic, analgesic, nervine and anti-inflammatory
How we use it:
• It is said to be useful on small burn blisters and all inflammatory skin disorders such as rashes, sunburn, eczema and psoriasis. (Try on a small patch first) It can be combined with Lavender Hydrolat.
• It can be used combined with Cistus Hydrolat as a cold compress on thread veins and haemorrhoids.
• We enjoy using it as a cleanser for problematic sensitive skin.
• It is a known nervine – spray/mist it before stressful events to calm the ‘butterflies’ in your stomach.
• It can be used as an aftershave.
• A well-known sedative – add a few drops to a bath to help relax an unsettled child.
For more information about how to use hydrolats please see our Using Hydrolats section